Ames CSD Parents
Infinite Campus is our student information system. Families can manage your own access to Infinite Campus, update and change passwords, and change contact preferences for how you wish to receive communication from your student’s school.
If you have forgotten your Infinite Campus password, you may request a reset.
Ames CSD Staff
Are you an Ames CSD staff member and having trouble with classroom audio or a chromebook not charging? Technology Teacher Librarians and media technologists continue to play a vital role in resolving problems. However, you can also submit a ticket to the Technology Department. Use the Google account sign in.
Ames CSD Students
Requests for technology support should be made with your school’s Technology Teacher Librarian or media technologist. If you need immediate assistance, try some of these common Chromebook fixes.
Turn It Off and On Again
- Press and hold the power button until the light on the left side of the device goes dark.
- Shut the lid, wait 30 seconds, and open the lid again. Login to the device.
Check For Updates
- From the click, click Settings > About Chrome OS > Check for updates.
- Restart when prompted.
Improve Performance or Connectivity
- Close all unnecessary tabs in the Chrome browser and quit all inactive applications.
- In a Google Meet, click on the three dots for more, then select Troubleshooting & help.
- If the camera/mic isn’t working, click the lock icon in your address bar. Change site settings.
- Check the Google Status Dashboard for disruptions at www.google.com/appstatus.
Check Your Charger
- Unplug from the wall and separate both parts of the charger.
- Wait 30 seconds, reconnect all pieces, and attempt to charge again.
- The battery light on the left side of the device should be orange when charging.
- If an alternative charger is available, try to test it out on the unresponsive device.
Re-establish a Secure Internet Connection (At Home)
- From the clock, click Settings and in the Network section, select Wi-Fi.
- Select Known networks, find the network you want, and select More> Forget.
- Wait 1 minute, then attempt to reconnect to the network with the correct password.