ISPRA Communication Awards 2022
The Iowa School Public Relations Association (ISPRA) held its annual communication awards ceremony on Thursday, April 14 in conjunction with its virtual spring conference. The Ames Community School District submitted seven projects in 5 of the 22 competition categories that included two Excellence in Writing pieces, Magazine, Podcasting, two Special Purpose projects, and a Video category.
As a local chapter of the National School Public Relations Association (NSPRA), the organization of “school public relations professionals, superintendents, and leaders interested in fostering understanding and support for education in Iowa.”
In total, 127 submissions were received from district across the state and all submissions were scored by another state chapter.
The rubric for each submission looks at design, clarity and focus, writing quality, how the pieces are evaluated, and overall effect. When averaged together, if a submission scores between 1-2, they earn an Award of Merit. Scores between 3-4.9 earned an Award of Excellence. Top scores of 5 out of 5 earned the top honor: the Blue & Gold Award as the best in the state.
The Ames Community School District won one Blue & Gold Award this year as best in the state in the Special Purpose Project category for our ACSD150 history project. Since 2018, the Ames CSD has earned eight Blue and Gold awards in a variety of communication categories.
More information can be found on the ISPRA website, and below is a recap of how Ames performed this year in all submitted categories along with links to some of those projects.
Iowa School Public Relations Association:
- Excellence in Writing – Translation Services – Award of Excellence
- Excellence in Writing – Quinn’s Qloset – Award of Excellence
- Newsletter/Magazine – Amazing Magazine Vol. 15 and 16 – Award of Excellence
- Podcasting – Amazing Education Podcast episode #029 – Award of Excellence
- Special Purpose – ACSD150 Project – Blue & Gold Award
- Special Purpose – Translation Process – Award of Excellence
- Video (long) – Ames High Construction Inside Look – Award of Merit