Free Meals for All Children at Ames Schools Through the 20-21 School Year
The Ames Community School District is pleased to offer a free breakfast and lunch each day to every child in our community through the end of the current school year.
Any child aged 1-18 is eligible to receive a school breakfast and lunch at Ames Middle School, Edwards Elementary, Fellows Elementary, Meeker Elementary, Mitchell Elementary, and Sawyer Elementary. Grab and Go meals will be available for students that are in virtual learning and younger children at the above sites. Free meals are available to students when they are on site each of these sites. Breakfast and lunch are available for free for onsite learners at Ames High School, free snacks are available for onsite learners at Northwood Preschool, free breakfast and lunch is available for enrolled children at the Boys and Girls Club.
- On Monday, December 7, Monday and Tuesday Meals will be available between 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. at Edwards, Fellows, Meeker, Mitchell, and Sawyer Elementary Schools and between 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. at Ames Middle School.
- Starting Wednesday, December 9th, Ames families with students and young children can pick up free grab-and-go breakfast and lunch at between 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at Edwards, Fellows, Meeker, Mitchell, and Sawyer Elementary Schools.
- Pickup for free meals is available at Ames Middle School Monday through Friday from 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Students and young children do not need to be present when parents and guardians pick up meals, and student IDs are not required. Families may pick up meals at the school closest to them.
We will also continue to serve weekend meals on Fridays.
We will also be providing free meals for the Winter and Spring breaks as follows:
- Monday, December 21, 2020, 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 pm., Monday – Sunday meals
- Monday, December 28, 2020, 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 pm., Monday – Sunday meals
- Monday, March 15, 2021, 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 pm., Monday – Sunday meals
Winter and Spring break pickups will be at Ames Middle School, Fellows, Meeker, Mitchell and Sawyer Elementary Schools – no service at Edwards.