Winter Clothes Drive 2020-2021
As the winter season approaches, the Ames Community School District is partnering with the Volunteer Center of Story County for a winter clothes drive as part of their WINTER WRAP UP event. As a District, we are excited to have their support with gathering donated items!
TO GIVE: Please consider donating gently used or new winter gear such as coats, hats, waterproof gloves, snow pants, and boots (all sizes welcome – please place them in a tied grocery bag to keep boots together).
Donations will be accepted from October 24- November 21 at the Volunteer Center of Story County, 110 Crystal St. Ames, IA (515-268-5323).
TO RECEIVE: There are two ways that winter items can be requested. The first is by completing an online form. The second is by printing off this Google Doc and returning it to your student’s school.
Please fill out the information by November 2, 2020. If you need more than one item, please put an asterisk next to the highest priority. Our goal is for items to be distributed by December 1. If you have an urgent need prior to December 1, please contact your school’s Student and Family Advocate:
- Meeker/Northwood: Liz Skurdal (515-231-4748, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Edwards/Fellows: Amber Franzeen (515-715-5355; email@example.com)
- Mitchell/Sawyer: Anna Fagervik (515-715-5627, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- AHS: Jean Muhammad (515-520-2520, email@example.com) or Kaitlyn Clark (515-520-3471, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- AMS: Candice Collins, Homeless Liaison (515-520-4042, email@example.com)