Elementary Chromebook Checkout
As a way to support continuous learning while at home and to assist in our voluntary learning plan for the Elementary students, we will be allowing parents/guardians to check-out Chromebooks from their Elementary school for students in all grade levels.
We will have set times for pickup at each of the Elementary schools later this week. Parents/Guardians are not required to pick up school computers if you already have a device at home that is meeting your learning needs. Your children can still access their school’s activities through their SeeSaw (K-2nd grade) or Google Classroom (3rd-5th grade) using their school Google account.
To best follow the safety protocols during this time, we will be delivering the Chromebooks to your car. You will need to pull up to the main dropoff lane at your Elementary building. Please do not leave your car during this time. You can fill out the Form to check out the Chromebooks now but we will also have some paper copies at the checkout site. Chromebooks will only be given to an adult during this time.
Some important notes:
- Ames CSD will not be filtering the internet on these devices while they are off-campus.
- These devices must be returned on the given day that will be identified later and all parts must be turned back in.
- If the computer becomes damaged at any point, you will be able to bring it to the two metal doors on the Northeast side of the District Office building at 2005 24th St. between the hours of 9 a.m. and 12 p.m. every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday until the end of the school year.
- If you are running into issues with your School issued accounts to Google or other resources, please reach out to the TTL (Teacher Technology Librarian) at your Elementary building.
- Edwards – Kris Baldwin Kris.Baldwin@ames.k12.ia.us
- Fellows – Nancy Kever Nancy.Kever@ames.k12.ia.us
- Meeker – Erika Choate Erika.Choate@ames.k12.ia.us
- Mitchell – Kirsti Minion Kirsti.Minion@ames.k12.ia.us
- Sawyer – Tyler Bordwell Tyler.Bordwell@ames.k12.ia.us
- When school returns or at the end of the school year, all school computers will be collected and you will receive more information about that at a later time. All devices need to be returned to the school at the date that will be set later.
Round 1 Schedule for pickup:
- Thursday, April 9 – 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.: Sawyer, Meeker, Mitchell
- Friday, April 10 – 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.: Edwards, Fellows
Round 2 Schedule for pickup:
- Tuesday, April 14 – 3 p.m. – 6 p.m.: Edwards and Meeker
- Wednesday, April 15 – 3 p.m. – 6 p.m.: Mitchell and Sawyer
- Thursday, April 16 – 3 p.m. – 6 p.m.: Fellows
Tech Support for Damaged Device – If the computer becomes damaged at any point, you will be able to bring it to the two metal doors on the Northeast side of the District Office building at 2005 24th St. between the hours of 9am and 12pm every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. If you are unable to make it during this time, please contact us by filling out the Tech Support Form.